About Me

My photo
Hi Everyone! Welcome to my technology blog. I am a School Librarian with a particular interest in technology and the accessibility of information. I frequently post my recommendations and opinions about new (or new to me) online resources, iPad and iPhone apps, etc. Questions, comments and suggestions are more than welcome.

Follow me on Shelfari

Monday, June 13, 2011

Watching WMVs on Ipad!!

Hi All,

Quick update.

I found an app that easily allows you to open .wmv (and many other formats) files from your email and watch them on your ipad.

The Ipad is not equipped with this capability on it's own due to it's lack of Quicktime but there is now an easy alternative.

Download "yxplayer2 lite"from the app store.  Then when you download the video in your email you can select it from the "open with" menu that comes up with you touch the video icon.  After selecting it once, it becomes your default!

Happy watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment